Are you a parent having difficulty connecting with your baby or young child? Do you sometimes look at your child and think, I don’t even know what this kid is feeling?
Is your child:
- needy, difficult or fussy?
- controlling or domineering?
- suffering from the loss of a parent or caregiver?
- having medical issues or procedures?
- very different from the family temperamentally?
Do you want to:
- connect more easily
- learn to know yourself and your child so you know better how to help them
- understand more of your baby’s experience
I work with parents of kids between the ages of 0-5 who are having trouble finding each other–in movement, in words, in emotional connection.
Parenting support provides a variety of ways to improve the relationship between you and your child and help your child grow happier and healthier.
I work with parents in different ways: individually (you can see more about my individual work here) with a focus on parenting and on what you are bringing into the equation; as a couple (read about my work with couples here), and as a family either in person or with video. Together we will determine the best way to assist you and your family to make the changes you need for a happier and more satisfying life together.
- weekly in-person sessions of focused, supportive therapy aimed at helping improve the quality of communication between you and your child promote healthy attachment and development for your child
- video analysis
- phone and email support as needed
- collateral sessions with spouse or partner who is not primary caregiver
- appropriate for all kinds of families, traditional and alternative, including adoptive families
I have trained with Dr. Ruella Frank at the Center for Somatic Studies in a model of development that helps parents and their young kids understand what’s difficult in this relationship and make adjustments where possible to improve communication. I’m currently working with Dr. Frank in a 2-year specialized training on Child-Parent Somatic Psychotherapy at the Gestalt Institute of Toronto.
Depending on your location, I may be able to make home visits or you can bring your child to my office on 5th avenue at 31st st. To learn more and to see if this program can help your family, you can email me or call 347-620-2181.
My fee for parenting support work is $250. I provide the paperwork for your insurance company for out of network reimbursement if you have out of network benefits.