Are you a new parent (birth to 12 months) having difficulty connecting with your child? Do you sometimes look at your baby and think, I don’t even know what this kid is feeling?
Is your baby:
- high needs, difficult or fussy?
- suffering from the loss of a parent or caregiver?
- having medical issues or procedures?
- very different from the family temperamentally?
Do you want to:
- connect more easily
- learn to know yourself and your child
- understand through your own body more of your baby’s experience
Infant/parent support provides a variety of ways to improve the relationship between you and your baby and help your baby grow happier and healthier.
- weekly in-person sessions of focussed, supportive therapy
- video analysis
- phone and email support
- collateral sessions with spouse or partner who is not primary caregiver
- appropriate for all kinds of families, traditional and alternative
If you live in Manhattan, I can come to your home, or you can bring your baby to my office in Chelsea. Call 347-620-2181 for a complimentary consultation to determine if my services can help you and your child.
I’m giving a workshop! Come and join me at the Adoptive Parents Committee Adoption Conference on November 20, 2016 in Brooklyn for a parents-only exploration of ourselves in relationship and a chance to get a feel for this work in person.
I talk a little more about the workshop in this video: