Are you a new parent (birth to 12 months) having difficulty connecting with your child? Do you sometimes look at your baby and think, I don’t even know what this kid is feeling?
Is your baby:
- high needs, difficult or fussy?
- suffering from the loss of a parent or caregiver?
- having medical issues or procedures?
- very different from the family temperamentally?
Do you want to:
- connect more easily
- learn to know yourself and your child
- understand through your own body more of your baby’s experience
Infant/parent support provides a variety of ways to improve the relationship between you and your baby and help your baby grow happier and healthier.
- weekly in-person sessions of focused, supportive therapy aimed at helping improve the quality of communication between you and your child promote healthy attachment and development for your child
- video analysis
- phone and email support
- collateral sessions with spouse or partner who is not primary caregiver
- appropriate for all kinds of families, traditional and alternative, including adoptive families
Depending on your location, I may be able to make home visits or you can bring your baby to my office on 5th avenue at 31st st. To learn more and to see if this program can help your family, you can email me or call 347-620-2181.
My fee for infant-parent work is $250. I provide the paperwork for your insurance company for out of network reimbursement if you have out of network benefits.